Joining the cool crowd

Who's the cool crowd you ask?  Why those who are using WordPress 3.3 of course!

As promised, I've finished going through Organize Series Cores and ALL addons and made sure they are all compatible with the newest version of WordPress.  I'm pretty sure I took care of all the existing minor incompatibilities and got a few bugfixes in too.  I was HOPING to include a new feature in the core but ran out of time and decided it was more important to get this release out the door.  Cross your fingers for a new feature release by Christmas!

If you want to view all the changes, take a look-see through the various changelogs here.

Also, please note that as of the latest versions for all Organize Series related plugins, I'm only supporting them on WordPress 3.3 going forward.  Hey, consider it incentive to come join the cool folks!
P.S. I hope it's not needed, but if you still have issues/bugs feel free to report them in the comments here.

4 comments

  1. Thanks for the update Darren. My original problem still exists though.

    “Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/virtudwt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/organize-series/orgSeries-template-tags.php on line 658″

    Appreciate if you take time to check it after Christmas…

    • I didn’t forget about that error but the problem is I can’ t reproduce it. There’s a number of things that “may” be producing that error and I’ve tried all I can think of without any success.

      More than likely, this is either a problem with your theme and/or an incompatibility with another plugin you have running (that itself may be incompatible with WP 3.3).

      What you can do to troubleshoot is:

      – try the default theme of WordPress (twenty-ten) with Organize Series and see if the error still shows up. If it doesn’t then you know it’s something with your theme. If it still shows up then it could be a plugin.
      – try disabling all the plugins, and just enable Organize Series and see if you still get the error. If not, enable the plugins one by one until you see when the error shows up. That will tell you which plugin is causing the incompatibility.

      If you are able to narrow down a way for me to reproduce the error then I may be able to work on a fix.

      • Hi Darrel,

        Thanks for the prompt reply. Good news! I solved the problem after fighting with WordPress for about an hour. I think the issue was specific to my blog. I will contact you later with more details about how I managed to fix everything. Thanks again…

Leave a Reply