Hi folks, its been a while since I posted anything substantial around here. It’s been a busy time for me between client projects and various personal projects in the WordPress world and as a result I haven’t devoted a significant amount of time to Organize Series. There was even a brief period in 2016 where I considered selling all assets related to Organize Series but I was unable to find a buyer I was comfortable selling to. Fast forward to today and I’m excited to let you know that about a year ago, I began working in earnest on building a new site to host the Organize Series plugins and showcase/sell all the related add-ons and support. I’ve also begun work behind the scenes on a massive code overhaul of the main core plugin and add-ons (along with mapping out some new add-ons).
Organize Series is the plugin that first got me on the path to working in development full-time. I have a lot to be thankful for with this little plugin and it’s come a long way. It’s hard to believe that while Organize Series as a plugin has been around longer, this website has been around for over 7 years! That’s a looong time. I recently evaluated all the things I’m involved in and couldn’t shake the feeling that Organize Series could do better and slowly but surely I started to get excited again about working on this part of my world. So here we are.
A few things will be changing. As of today:
- Totally new website design that presents Organize Series and its family of add-ons in a much more modern and up to date style.
- Brand new logos for Organize Series! This freshens up our brand.
- Revamp of the e-commerce end of things so that my customer’s have a much easier time navigating, purchasing, and maintaining their accounts with us. Auto-renewals have been introduced as well for the products so it helps maintain a more consistent revenue stream (which means Organize Series is more sustainable). All customers have their own account page where they can see all the products they have access to and manage their invoices etc much more easily.
- Streamlined pricing options. You can see all the new pricing options on the pricing page. You still have the option of purchasing add-ons individually but it will definitely be more value in the long run (depending on your needs) to just get the everything license.
- All our documentation has been moved to its own sub-site (docs.organizeseries.com) and documentation will no longer exist behind a paywall.
A little further out (I can’t give an ETA, sorry):
- Improving and expanding on the Organize Series documentation
- Releasing a brand new updated Organize Series core plugin with mostly under the hood changes but should also have some changes to settings layout (making it easier to find and change things)
- Updating all existing add-ons to work with new Organize Series core code base plus hopefully adding a few enhancements.
- Introducing one or two new add-ons.
How will this impact my existing customers?
All existing customers with an active subscription prior to the launch should receive an email within the next week:
- You should be able to log into your account using your existing username/password (I migrated over from the old site).
- Prices are going up. I haven’t done a price change in 7 years. Increasing the prices will go a long way to keeping Organize Series sustainable and fuel the momentum with the planned changes for the coming year. If all goes well, I hope to be able to bring on someone to help me with supporting customers.
- All existing packages were always only valid for one year however the previous licensing system was a bit flawed so most of my existing customers have retained access far longer than they originally paid for. If you fall into that group, you have lost access with this launch. If you fall into this group and think a mistake was made, feel free to reach out to us with details about your transaction and we’ll work to get that rectified.
- Any customers on a up-to-date package/license, should see their expiry date end on or close to the end of their expected expiry date. Since I don’t have payment details, you will not be auto-renewed and will have to renew manually at the end of your subscription expiry. Prices will be going up on renewal.
- Lifetime customers are grandfathered in and keep their lifetime license. At this time I’ve decided to no longer make lifetime licenses an option.
What happens to license keys?
As a part of the change, license keys are now attached to your product purchase rather than being one license key for your account. Pre-existing license keys will no longer work. If you are a customer with an active subscription, you can log in and on your account page you will find license keys for any products you have access to. You can read more about the licensing key changes here.
Thanks all of you who are my customers for sticking with me over the years. I hope to continue to bring value to everything you build and publish using Organize Series!
Updating Plugins from within the WordPress plugins page with the changes:
Unfortunately, because of the change in licensing model, any new updates to your Organize Series add-ons won’t automatically show or be available via your WordPress plugins page. All add-ons will require the following process for the very first update to ensure you are notified of future updates in your WordPress dashboard as well as enabling one-click updating of the files:
- Make sure you have at least version 2.5.10 of Organize Series core installed and active on your site.
- Login to your account on organizeseries.com and download all the add-ons you have access to.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard, deactivate and delete the add-ons you just downloaded and then install the recent downloads using the Plugin Installer on your WordPress site. Then activate the add-ons.
- Go back to your account page on organizeseries.com and copy the license key for each of your add-ons, if you have the “Everything Bundle” you just need the license key for the bundle.
- Go to the Organize Series settings page on your website (/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=orgseries_options_page) and look in the right column for the new license key fields. If you have the “Everything Bundle” you just need to add that key to each of the add-on fields. If you don’t have the everything bundle, you’ll need to add the correct key for each of your add-ons in those fields.
- Click activate for each field with a key and you should get feedback on whether the key was successfully registered.
- That’s it!